Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun rifle ammo question

nikdanja

How light do you guys make your rifle ammo? 

Just getting into the 3 gun game and have all the bells and wissles on my gun, but didn’t know if you guys make bunny fart loads for the courses that are really close and save your match grade ammo for the longer 200+ courses? 

Is is there advantages for making bunny fart loads to lessen recoil as much as possible? 

Yes i I have an adjustable gas block, light weight bcg and a taccom buffer. 

Edited by nikdanja

Bulk 55gr rifle ammo for hoser ammo. Downloading rifle ammo results in the comp being less effective and very little gain.

I don’t bother getting M193 or hotter 55gr ammo as the velocity gets higher in my 18” guns and can beat up steel on my range when practicing.

55 minutes ago, EaZeNuTZ33 said:

Bulk 55gr rifle ammo for hoser ammo. Downloading rifle ammo results in the comp being less effective and very little gain.

I don’t bother getting M193 or hotter 55gr ammo as the velocity gets higher in my 18” guns and can beat up steel on my range when practicing.

Then how do you know when you have the perfect load? 

How will you know if the load is to light, just right, or to over powered? 

Edited by nikdanja

At current prices, I’m not loading 55gr.

If I were, and I did when 55gr was near $400/1000, I would chronicle my ammo and push to around 2950-3000fps in my 18” barrel. I would also make sure my gun functioned the same with it and my load range load using 68-77gr bullets.