Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock II - trigger upgrade

reaper1

I have one piece sear with stock fire pin block (safety) and all is working correctly.

But I don't have yet a Titan Hammer and as MemphisMechanic said a combination of One Piece Sear + Titan Hammer cause the need of install Xtreme Firing Pin Safety.

Curious, did your gun come with a one piece sear or a two piece sear before you modified it?

If your gun came with a one piece sear from the factory , there shouldn’t be a need to get a extended firing pin block as you should already have one.

Not to add to any potential confusion but my frame of reference was from folks still having to deal with two piece sears but Memphis Mechanic is correct, but you have to make sure of the very specific changes that were done by the factory.

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I had one of PD’s initial batch of firing pins in my gun. Whether I ran that one or the factory pin, my reliability with a given hammer spring and ammo combination was unchanged.

Sure, the gun would launch pencils a bit higher. But it didn’t show up as a reliability increase in the real world - I wasn’t able to drop my hammer spring weight down even a single pound due to the PD Optimized firing pin.

Interesting, I assume this was with Titan hammer ?

40 minutes ago, SouperMan said:

Curious, did your gun come with a one piece sear or a two piece sear before you modified it?

If your gun came with a one piece sear from the factory , there shouldn’t be a need to get a extended firing pin block as you should already have one.

Not to add to any potential confusion but my frame of reference was from folks still having to deal with two piece sears but Memphis Mechanic is correct, but you have to make sure of the very specific changes that were done by the factory.

It came with 2-piece sear and I change it to Xtreme Sear (1-piece). I didn't change the firing pin block.

My colleague did exactly the same and it works for him too.

So, perhaps titan hammer requires alno Xtreme Firing Pin Block.

15 hours ago, reaper1 said:

So, perhaps titan hammer requires alno Xtreme Firing Pin Block.

This is rather obvious if you understand how the gun actually works, and I’ve been saying it for three days now. The hammer is the reason why. The only reason why.

Xtreme sear and firing pin = factory firing pin block works.

Titan hammer in an otherwise stock gun = Extended firing pin block.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Thanks again.

Sorry for asking the same question 3 times. I have to make purchase abroad, so to me it will be +extra money for package, this is why I need to be sure what exactly shoud be in it.

See, there's no info on Eric's page that Xtreme Firing Pin BLOCK is required for Titan Hammer - I can only imagine my disappointment during upgrade my gun, so thanks yet again.