Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 515C

biglou13

I picked one up on sale/Black Friday....  birthday present to myself.

Out of box impression, 

the value, the 3 year battery life if left on,   Mixed with solar solar capabilities,   Even longer life, inexpensive replacement battery. The 65 moa circle with 2 moa dot.1/3 cowitness.   Comes with tiny torx to screw in battery oompartment. And Allen to fine tune quick release,  built in kill flash

sturdy plastic box. Able to switch between circle /dot reticle to dot only,   Variable power,  setting where solar is primary then switch to battery ass needed .  The 65 moa circle almost automatically finds and sticks to target. Cr 2032 battery inexpensive and available at local drugstore..  my first one has expensive battery with poor,shelf life. 

Dislikes:

no sleep or auto on function.  I like the idea of front and rear attached caps but they are not removable they hinge at bottom and don't open flat, and seem to take up real estate on rail.    Although. I don't run anything else on rail.. not as compact as other models. And slighlly heavier.   But don't really notice that weight when aiming The flip caps add to size. Maybe 3/8 inch on both front and back.   In spite of added size it's much more compact than my first red dot.  

Initial impression is very good for "budget"  red dot , so far.   

I'm going to zero and shoot with tomorrow 

anyone else running one?   Opinions?  ( found one bad review here) 

I think they are very well made sights.  Unfortunately for me, 2 MOA is too small for action or steel, and 65 MOA is too large and is larger than the cardboard targets & steel plates.  I had to return it for that reason.  Also, I told Holosun at SHOT Show that competition shooters prefer mechanical (instantaneous) reticle switching rather electronic switches which take too long.

For the money Holosun sights are a great value.  If they come out with a 2 MOA & 35 - 50 MOA circle, I would buy 5 of them.

Just my 2 cents.