Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147gr blue bullet OAL concern

The2aguy

Gen 3 has a longer throat than the gen 5

I did run some 2.8gr titegroup over the weekend that cycled much better but didn’t get a chance to chrono

I received a reply back from blue Bullets stating the 1.090 OAL is common with the 147RN

3.0gr of win 231 also barley cycled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just would be super careful. Shortening OAL to increase PF is dangerous. Shortening OAL can have an exponential impact on pressure. Titegroup is especially not tolerant of compressed loads. I have seen a few Glocks blow up.

I just would be super careful. Shortening OAL to increase PF is dangerous. Shortening OAL can have an exponential impact on pressure. Titegroup is especially not tolerant of compressed loads. I have seen a few Glocks blow up.

I absolutely agree, I won’t purchase anymore 147s as I think these are playing with fire and will be going back to 124gr after this box

My go to has always been 4gr of TG over 124rn @ 1.135, wanted to see if I was missing anything with 147s

I’m just trying to find a safe load to burn through this 1,000 box

Just to recap

2.5 did not cycle in m&p 800fps in G17

2.8 did cycle m&p and Glock lock back on last round *have not chroned

My next outing will be with 2.7

Quickload shows safe with a max of 3gr

Lyman shows 2.5-2.8 @ 1.058 with a max velocity of 943

I think I’m playing safe

For the record, if you decide to switch bullets?

The wonderfully pointy truncated-cone profile from Black Bullets International will load out to 1.150” in an M&P barrel where a fat 135 RN would only let me load to 1.105”

I think Blue and Bayou use the same mold: that profile is wonderful in short chambered guns.

BB is only an hour away from me so I receive them in a day or so via mail

I will check out black bullets again though I think I’ll just go back to 124RN as they always load and shoot great for me

Thanks for the tip and if anyone else knows some cheaper alternatives I’m all ears