Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X FIVE in 40?

3djedi

13 hours ago, 3djedi said:

Are there plans for an X5 in .40?     

Love the gun for CO  thought it might be nice for LIMITED as well!

Went back and did a quick check to verify - Bar-Sto is offering 320X5 barrels in .40 (and other calibers). Wouldn't be production but you'd get you .40 320X5.

Went back and did a quick check to verify - Bar-Sto is offering 320X5 barrels in .40 (and other calibers). Wouldn't be production but you'd get you .40 320X5.
Thanks...... that's still legal in limited. Good to go!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How does that work?  Isn't the breech face milled for the 9mm case width?  If the slide was already milled for 40, then Sig was very forward-looking!
Yeah that's right. Not like going from 40 to 9.

Can't you buy slides kits from SIG? Not familiar with p320 yet. Bought the X5 a few weeks ago and really like it. I wonder if a p320 full size slide and barrel will fit the X5 grip......

I remember seeing the option for .40 during it's debut.  Then some posts here or there that it was going to be a delayed release.  With everything going going on with Sig right now, I suspect it will be a while before they can circle back to that one.
I'm sure they'll release one eventually. I'd be shocked if they didn't......... But right now you can't even find one in 9mm!

This doesn't exactly explain Bar-Sto having a barrel that appears it is for the X5 and is chambered in 40.  Maybe someone with time to spare could call them and get back to us.

I have seen videos of folks putting p320 full size slides on a x5 frame...and vice versa.  I think Alma Cole did that.  So that might be a way to get an X5 in 40.

But how would someone switch out a 9mm ejector for a 40cal?

Edited by CHLChris