Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fair Price For A 1050 Rl?

I tried a search but couldn't find anything on a very good condition 1050 RL.

I borrowed the press set up for a .40 and I like it much better than the 650 I was using. Priming on the downstroke is sooooo much easier and there doesn't seem to be any issues with priming tighter pockets because of the swage station. The end of the travel on the downstroke feels better/more definite. In fact, the only thing holding me back from cranking out some serious ammo is my ability to place the bullet on the case.

Anyway, the press is in very good condition with a powder check station, bullet tray, and the Redding competition seating die. He took great care of it. I don't think it has more than 15K rounds through it either.

He said that I could basically use it for as long as I wanted (which is what I'm doing with his 650) but I think I'll make him an offer on this one.

Any suggestions on a fair price?

Have seen several here on this Forum state that the old RL is better that the Super 1050 - IF you are loading handgun Only...

I bought one that had been sitting up for years, missing parts and a little rusty.

With all new parts and extensive work I have $1,100.00 in it now and have a perfect machine.

Is it worth it??? To ME it is.

I think I paid less than $700 ---- but courtesy of the caliber conversion, and replacement of the troublesome bits the price tag rose to around $1000. The machine is a joy to load on though ----- and I HATE loading......