Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT slide / frame fitment ?

mach1soldier

I have been looking at the Phoenix trinity "shortblock" kits with frame / slide / and grip. 

How much fitment is involved with the frame and slide? 

Im used to STI and having to mill the bottom of slide and also even up the frame rails. 

Anyone hav w experience with the PT stuff?

• 3 weeks later...
I have been looking at the Phoenix trinity "shortblock" kits with frame / slide / and grip. 

How much fitment is involved with the frame and slide? 

Im used to STI and having to mill the bottom of slide and also even up the frame rails. 

Anyone hav w experience with the PT stuff?

Where do you buy the PT short block kits from. I am looking at building a 2011 and this would be a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my Grip,Safety,Slide,Frame bundle last week and got it fit up. 

Just as you stated I had to remove material from the bottom of the slide and from the rail width on the frame. 

I did it all by hand with stones.  I measured the width for the rails with a jig and did the material off the bottom of the slide by going a little at a time and checking fit. This was due to not really having the right tools to measure how much I needed off the slide. 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:09 AM, Honkeymcgee said:

I just got my Grip,Safety,Slide,Frame bundle last week and got it fit up. 

Just as you stated I had to remove material from the bottom of the slide and from the rail width on the frame. 

I did it all by hand with stones.  I measured the width for the rails with a jig and did the material off the bottom of the slide by going a little at a time and checking fit. This was due to not really having the right tools to measure how much I needed off the slide. 

What stone did you start with?  I don't have a mill so I need to do it by hand as well.  My concern is scratching the outside part of the recoil spring channel.  I have a unique slide and have to remove about .005 from the bottom of the slide.  I'm also mulling using sandpaper instead as I can have a safe edge where it would not scratch the recoil spring channel.  I have to see what sandpaper would be the most efficient for this.

I did just about all of it with a 220 grit and then just smoothed it up once it would slide almost all the way on with a 600 and 800.

On the area where the recoil spring sets I cut a small sliver of sand paper and faced the grit to the stone. This gave a smooth surface against the side so it didn't get scratched up. 

Did I explain that in a way that made sense?

13 hours ago, Honkeymcgee said:

I did just about all of it with a 220 grit and then just smoothed it up once it would slide almost all the way on with a 600 and 800.

On the area where the recoil spring sets I cut a small sliver of sand paper and faced the grit to the stone. This gave a smooth surface against the side so it didn't get scratched up. 

Did I explain that in a way that made sense?

Thanks.  Makes sense.