Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA First Time Reloader Dillon 550 vs 650 etc

timewaster1700

I use a LNL with a Hornady bullet feeder and case feeder. After spending some time tuning it, I really don't have that many problems anymore. The bullet feeder is super loud though so I would recommend against that, but the case feeder works great. Have had zero issues with priming except sometimes they get stuck in the chute, but that might be my fault, not sure yet.

I purchased a brand new 650 from a local guy selling it for a deal. Thanks everyone for the input. Not I just have to decide how much to trick it out. Definitely going to get the powder alarm that measures the powder in the case. Seen too many squibs and seen a real bad double charge blow someone gun up and hurt them so I don't want to mess around with the wrong amount of powder. Leaning towards doing the case feeder right off the bat. 

Anyone have suggestions for the best media tumbler? 

Scale? Whatever scale I get I'd like it be super accurate to use with a single stage press for precision rifle.

10 hours ago, timewaster1700 said:

I purchased a brand new 650 from a local guy selling it for a deal. Thanks everyone for the input. Not I just have to decide how much to trick it out. Definitely going to get the powder alarm that measures the powder in the case. Seen too many squibs and seen a real bad double charge blow someone gun up and hurt them so I don't want to mess around with the wrong amount of powder. Leaning towards doing the case feeder right off the bat. 

Anyone have suggestions for the best media tumbler? 

Scale? Whatever scale I get I'd like it be super accurate to use with a single stage press for precision rifle.

You could also save some money and just use an rcbs powder cop die.

I wet tumble with a lyman cyclone. 

For pistol I'd just suggest a cheap milligram balance off amazon like the WAOAW brand scales (look up Johnny's Reloading Bench on youtube for some reviews) and get used to zeroing it before you drop the charge every time to prevent drifting zero. 

• 3 weeks later...