Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titan + Bolo now safety does not work

Mike62

I just dropped a Titan Hammer and Bolo in my Limited Pro 9mm.  Single action is improved dramatically.  However I now have two issues:

1 - DA seems to have increased dramatically

2 - The Safety does not move.  While I never use the safety something tells me this would cause issues at an equipment check.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using the stock sear which in the limp pro is a one piece.  The safety works fine when you drop it in the gun until you put the slide on a cycle the gun.  Then the sear does not seem to move high enough to engage the safety.  I could easily file the sear or safety to make this work but since it was supposed to be drop in I am worried I have another issue.  I want to make sure I am on the right path before I start hacking things up.

Just now, Mike62 said:

I am using the stock sear which in the limp pro is a one piece.  The safety works fine when you drop it in the gun until you put the slide on a cycle the gun.  Then the sear does not seem to move high enough to engage the safety.  I could easily file the sear or safety to make this work but since it was supposed to be drop in I am worried I have another issue.  I want to make sure I am on the right path before I start hacking things up.

The titan and bolo did drop in. It is performing as advertised. Fitting the safety is something everyone has to do.

2 hours ago, Mike62 said:

SoCal,

I did just as you instructed and everything is working perfect now.  Thanks for the help.  I guess my search skills need improving.

Uh.... yeah.  lol. That's a "top 10" post. Lol. No matter, you got it working. 

You should also search on how to increase the da swing length.  carefully following the instructions will make the da lighter, increase da strike power and typically drop the pull weight.