Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lance Armstrong

bulm540

That brought back some memories. LeMond did gain a little, okay a lot of weight in the off season. I still remember the Tour De Trump where he was being pushed up the climbs by his teammates and even at one point his team cars handed him a pump and a spare sew up because he was so far behind that they couldn't afford to offer him any support.

No offense intended to our internationl friends but I would like to see another American rider step up but I don't know if anyone else is up to it.

There are a couple of good American riders out there with a good shot, and I would not be surprised seeing some of them come to Discovery to ride for an American team. Most of them road for them at one time or another anyway. I am not sure what status Tyler Hamilton is in after his drug issue, but he will be a threat, and of course Floyd Landis has a shot, I am not so certain of Levi, but then again, it is a different Tour when you are consider a threat from Day 1.

I do not think that Basso can do it, at least not when Ullrich is around. Basso can put time into Ullrich in the high mountains, but it better be a lot of time, because he will get killed in the time trials. It worked out this year becuase Basso was chasing Armsrong and Ullrich ocassionally could not keep up. It will be a different story if Basso is the one isolated having to stave of attack after attack by T-mobile.

If I was a betting man, I say next year, Ullrich takes it, but I am really interested in seeing what team ends up with Alexandre Vino, if he gets a good squad and learns a bit more consistancy, he could get it too.

I will be pulling for Floyd Landis.

I think Levi, Floyd, and Tyler (as you said depending on his status) have a shot but I don't know if any of them can overtake Basso and Ullrich. I betting on Basso improving his Time Trial ability and he has youth over these folks. If he can hang with Ullrich in the TT's I think he's got a shot.

That said you're probably right about Ullrich in '06. LA is gone and he's not getting any younger so he'll likely let it all hang out next year. Next to LA, Ullrich has been the most consistant finisher and he's shown a lot more than Basso.

Anyone know if OLN will be televising the TDF next?

LA, in my view is one of a kind, first to win 7 in a row AND cancer-survivor.

As for the future: Jan always reaches peak when TDF is done...

My prediction for next year: Basso but don't miss Rasmussen and even the old Kazach: Vinokoerov ;)

LA, in my view is one of a kind, first to win 7 in a row AND cancer-survivor.

As for the future: Jan always reaches peak when TDF is done...

My prediction for next year: Basso but don't miss Rasmussen and even the old Kazach: Vinokoerov  ;)

Rasmussen had better go to Tiger Woods golf school and learn some mental game. That final ITT was one of the most cataclysmic meltdowns I have ever seen in sports (even worse than the 1999 British Open) He fell 2 times (second one totally inexplicable) and then he changed bikes 4 times? It was painful watching him. If I was going to look for a totally new name to make splashes I go with Valverde. When Resmussen got truly attacked, on the iphill finishes, Ullrich and Basson put some real time into him.

I still cringe thinking of the ITT, what did he

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby Julich, born Corpus Christi Texas, currently Nice/France, won Eneco Pro Tour thru Belgium&The Netherlands today with a magnificent time trail over 27K with an average of 50.5 kilometers per hour :o.

After serious injuries Bobby considered withdrawal but Bjarne Riss showed confidence in Bobby's cycling-qualities.

He holds 4-th just 2 down of Lance in the ProTour-rankings! :rolleyes: