Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumbscrew Tensioner for Safariland Mag Carriers?

BangSwitch

I would like to replace the screws on my Safariland 771 magazine holster with a knurled machine screw similar to the ones shown in the picture below.

The thread pitch is #8-32.  I need 1 1/4" of thread and a "washer/shoulder" face.  
I've tried the usual suspects - MSC, Grainger, etc - but I only can find lengths up to 15/16"

Anyone know where I might be able to source this?

SFR771-850-121-MS36_grande.jpg.f402d7c71aec2b428a0d1a92c0d307a7.jpg

thumsscrewsroundwasher.jpg.83ba6d5a31b34e6ecd17a707de1de848.jpg

0004147-11.jpg

Edited by BangSwitch

As I recall, I think I just removed my existing screws and took them to Lowes where I found a matching knob/screw in their specialty hardware section.  If it wasn't that, then I took the screws to Lowes to figure out the pitch, etc. (see previous post) and did a final hardware purchase off eBay.  

EIDT TO ADD:  It was actually for a holster but process would be the same. I checked my history and bought this:

8-32 x 3/8" Knurled Thumb Screw 10-Pack - Aluminum Black Anodized Finish

( 321296224085 )

Edited by jkrispies

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Finding 'short' thumb screws like you've used on your holster hasn't been a problem.   (I have 2 small thumbscrews on my Bladetech holster for the same reason)

It's finding one in an inch and quarter length that's been the problem.   I think the longest I've found has 15/16" 

• 2 years later...