Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Case Feeder Revision?

I had a customer call me to say that Dillon has changed the design of the case feeder, and that his was missing the metal tab that I recommend sticking an allen wrench under for 300 blackout in my listing for the shim washer:

casefeed.png

I told him closing that window is far more important than tweaking the shell plate height and not to buy the thin shim washer until he calls Dillon to confirm that the metal tab really isn't supposed to be there.  

He never got back to me.   I see that the curved plate goes inside the bowl on their feeder on some pictures on their web site (as opposed to being screwed at the top), so they have revised the design, but is it really the case that the metal tab on the dropping window isn't supposed to be there anymore?

Yes, the current ones with the steel plate on the side of the bowl still have this. It prevents bottleneck cases, which lay on their side, from jamming against the opening. If one is missing, it is either an assembly oversight at our end, or it is an older case feeder. Either way, just have the customer call us and we can mail him this clip.