Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Ss Magzines

fishnfst

Hello everyone I searched and came up with only a couple of threads... I guess Virgil Tripp makes a ss mag so does metalform. I also read that some of the wilson .45 mags will also work. Anyone else out there with some experience with this... I am converting my Delta Elite over to .40sw to play around in lim10 and am looking for some mags to try out..... I have wilson and ed brown 8 and 10 rd .45 mags so I will start with those and my delta elite 10mm mags I will also give a shot. Brownells is currently out of stock on the metalform mags. Anyone have another place to order them at.... Metalform is charging like $35 for their mags and Virgil is $29... Brownells had the metalform mags for $18 so I would like to try a couple of them first before taking the plunge with the $30+ mags....

You've had good luck with the Tripp mags? There was a post concerning the gauge of the magbody itself and them flexing when fully loaded and not dropping free with 5 or 6 rounds left in the mag.. Are these unsubstantiated rumors... How do yours run...

I use mc cormick mags and they run perfect on my gun. They are stainless steel and reliable for short and long OAL.

If you load only short OAL, Mecgar sells mags for short OAL. If you cant find one of the Mecgars, call Kimber. The .40 mags they sell are made by Mecgar

FshnFst,

I load to Factory OAL.

Alan

(If it won't feed factory then I won't shoot it.)

I agree I want to shoot factory oal as well.. .. I have tons of factory ammo laying around jsut begging to be shot...  My glock is currently in an open format form so I had to try something new......

If you want the best get the Tripps :wub: , ALL the others have given me some sort of issues. I'll be shooting a singlestack 40 again after the Nats and all I'll be shooting is Tripp's mags (both IDPA & USPSA).