Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Score procedurals

Topgeer

I hope I'm saying this right. I shot a uspsa classifier a few months back and we were supposed to shoot five shots into a Target mag change shoot five shots into a Target. I was having a bad day and forgot to do the mag change. I was given five procedural penaltys.... One for each shot after the mag change.  

So I was shooting a regular match a few weeks later and someone did the same thing except instead of engaging one target five times he didn't do the mag change and engaged three targets two times each. He was only given one procedural penalty just for the mag change.

My question here is which is the correct way to score this?.... do you get one procedural for the mag change or one for each shot after missing the mag change....  Just want to know for future matches.

"10.2.4  A competitor who fails to comply with a mandatory reload will incur one procedural penalty for each shot fired after the point where the reload was required until a reload is performed."

Procedural per shot fired would be correct.

And  keep in mind that anytime an RO calls a procedural, he is obligated to present the rule that you violated. yes, one procedural per shot fired in the case you mentioned. And never assume that anyone holding the clock is a NROI certified RO because that is not required at Level 1 matches.

Additionally, if a competitor does not gain a competitive advantage and it is not specified in the WSB like it is in most claisfiers, then the RO can assess one procedural only. This is not an answer to your original question, it was answered correctly above. This is just a side note.