Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IFG-NA Stock 1 back from Patriot Defense **pic added**

Kamkaze

Just received my Stock 1 back from PD and it's like a whole new pistol, I absolutely love it. They did their optimized package on it which is 

"We completely disassemble, inspect, hand polish, and tune your pistol for the best trigger possible. All high wear critical areas are given a mirror polish and special attention is given to the fire control components. Included in the package are all springs needed to tune your gun which include PD optimized firing pin spring, PD optimized hammer spring, PD reduced sear spring, and PD reduced trigger return spring."

plus they reamed the chamber, installed the titan hammer, bolo, Extended FPB, a Dawson from sight and a set of the heir grips.  

Stock 1

Edited by Kamkaze

How do those grips compare in size to the factory wood grips? I would love to get a set, but I like a thinner grip than the wood and assume the PD  palm swells are even thicker than the wood. 

Did some polishing on mine last night and am pretty pleased. I'm sure yours is simply amazing!

1 hour ago, Alderleet said:

How much better is it compared to its stock condition?

I’m just curious how the pull and feel changes, considering its supposed to be pretty damn good out of the box.

Decking a gun out with all of their goodies results in an entirely new gun. The DA pull feels nearly as light as the SA originally was, and every remaining shot is 1911-like.

16 minutes ago, 01Deuce said:

How do those grips compare in size to the factory wood grips? I would love to get a set, but I like a thinner grip than the wood and assume the PD  palm swells are even thicker than the wood. 

Did some polishing on mine last night and am pretty pleased. I'm sure yours is simply amazing!

They are currently the thickest option out there.

4 hours ago, Alderleet said:

How much better is it compared to its stock condition?

I’m just curious how the pull and feel changes, considering its supposed to be pretty damn good out of the box.

As Memphis said it is like an entirely new gun, I am going to test the trigger with a gauge on Monday if I can, since I don't own one.  This one out of the box was right at 5 lbs SA and off the 9 lbs scale DA, I would guess in the 11-12lb range.  My son couldn't even press the trigger DA with one hand stock but now its is smooth as butter.

3 hours ago, 01Deuce said:

The grips are definitely thicker than the wood, I think I am going to try and dremel a relief  to reach the mag release easier but I am very pleased with how they feel with the palm swell and I don't have large hands.  I know you can sand them down thinner and then stipple them if they are too big.