Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prop design

Mountbkr

So I'm looking to build a wall to use as a barricade with ports for home use in my training. It will be 36" or so wide, 72" tall designed to be used as a barricade to shoot around and as a wall with ports to shoot through. 2" x 4" and 2" x 6" lumber build, what's everyone using for the surface of their walls? Thinking cheroplast like yard signs are made out of as one option to keep the weight down as I will have to move it after use.

Thoughts? Suggestions for other materials for the wall?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mountbkr said:

So I'm looking to build a wall to use as a barricade with ports for home use in my training. It will be 36" or so wide, 72" tall designed to be used as a barricade to shoot around and as a wall with ports to shoot through. 2" x 4" and 2" x 6" lumber build, what's everyone using for the surface of their walls? Thinking cheroplast like yard signs are made out of as one option to keep the weight down as I will have to move it after use.

Thoughts? Suggestions for other materials for the wall?

Dang, 2x4 and 2x6 framing? I wouldn't worry about weight reduction from there on out. Some 3/16 flooring laminate would help keep it rigid and only add a pound or two probably

I'm repurposing a target frame that's left over from my archery days, if I was starting from scratch, it would be a lighter build. I should have mentioned this is for outside use, ill do something substantially lighter for indoor use this winter