Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoot-offs

Tom Mainus

We are having our Steel Challenge match next week, and we are looking to do something different with the shootffs. What have you guys seen or participated in that you really liked, or ideas that you would like to try. We usually do a mano-e-mano type thing with a cross over popper telling the winner. One year one of the other clubs did a team mano-e-mano and that was a blast too. Just looking to pick some of your brains.

Tom

Tom, Is there any room left for your match at Schultz? If so we have 5 shooters that will come up from IA. As far as shoot-offs we have shot at matches that set up differing amounts of poppers for different classes-9 for GM 8 for M 7 for A you get the idea, so all shooters can shoot together. Only problem we saw was people who are underclassified... :rolleyes: I cant say that I am married to that type....

Thanks, Doug

Plenty of room. As of now we have 28 people signed up. we usuallly have between 40 and 50 for the match. Cost is 50$ day of the match, includes lunch and cash payout.

For our shootoffs we usually know everyone and we pair everyone up on their known ability. Start out open vs open and limitedvs limited, revolver vs revolver, and whittle it down from their.

Tom, Sounds good. I will try to pin them down, and send you guys the info you need to make registration quick and painless. I have to work until 0330 Sunday morning, and it looks like a 3hour drive, so I Wont be driving there!

Thanks, and looking forward to it!

DougC

Tom,

At a steel match I used to shoot in WA we had an end of year appreciation match kinda thing with team shoot offs.

After the match we took 1st and Last, 2nd and next to last, 3rd and next to next to last, etc. to make up the teams.

We did two things that were fun, one was a sea of steel. Pretty much everything we had access to with a cross over popper.

The other was a 4 x 4 standing upright. The team had to saw it in half. That was always fun.