Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practicing Actual Cof Before The Match

I kind of do it backwards. If theres a stage I really had trouble on from a match I like to set up the the part of the stage and work on that.

+1

In my next practice after a match a like to set up a stage, part of a stage, or a specific skill that I did not execute well at the match just to address that weakness.

I am also not opposed to practicing a published stage (given the restrictions already desribed as to one's ability to accurately duplicate it).

I also practice classifiers regularly - I consider them just another drill that can be utilized to get better.

Edited by davidball

There are other dangers in practicing a specific course ahead of time. I find I get complacent on the real run - assuming that I already know how to shoot it, and I tend to lose that sharp edge required to put in a maximal perormance.

Thats an astute observation Dave. I never thought of it like that but I know practicing a stage before shooting it in a match has never worked for me.

There are other dangers in practicing a specific course ahead of time. I find I get complacent on the real run - assuming that I already know how to shoot it, and I tend to lose that sharp edge required to put in a maximal perormance.

Thats an astute observation Dave. I never thought of it like that but I know practicing a stage before shooting it in a match has never worked for me.

I find the opposite. I have to make sure I'm not to aggressive on them. If I practice then before hand I have really get myself to stay relaxed during the real CoF. Its probably more of a confidence thing also.

Flyin40

I find the opposite. I have to make sure I'm not to aggressive on them. If I practice then before hand I have really get myself to stay relaxed during the real CoF. Its probably more of a confidence thing also.

I would suggest this is a very subjective thing. Those of us who tend to be too "jacked up" at the LAMR may benefit from the familiarity. Those who tend to be appropriately calm at the LAMR may venture into complacency with familiarity.

Practice a stage or not, there are some stages that I take a bit for granted. I end up not being "all there" mentally. A bad thing.

F40, used to be that we would be sure to head to Rayner's the Wednesday after a match for a practice day...as they kept the stages set up. (Some of the locals went, I was the only one driving the distance much.)

Practice a stage or not, there are some stages that I take a bit for granted. I end up not being "all there" mentally. A bad thing.

F40, used to be that we would be sure to head to Rayner's the Wednesday after a match for a practice day...as they kept the stages set up. (Some of the locals went, I was the only one driving the distance much.)

I thinking of doing that this yr except it will probably be a weekend. I did it a couple of times last yr on the weekends in the spring.

Flyin40