Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps Mags And 9mm Major

Cameron

I've handled and shot SPS mags and guns, although mostly "standards". For knock offs the quality is not bad, maybe 80% as nice overall as an S_I.

The mags resemble bead blasted SV mags more than STI's and I'm sure you could tune them to run just like that. As to spacers and 9mm major, we're not there yet, at least in Bolivia.

I use SV mags Dan tuned for me in the 9mm "HE" he built.

All that being said, both ST and SV get WAY too much for mags. I remember thinking how Sig or Berreta mags were expensive at $40 each. $100? yeah, price fixing much?

Anyone have comments on using SPS mags and 9mm major in an open gun?  They sure do have an attractive price.  Do they require spacers like STI?

I tried the Sps mags as well - but they are not working, they are slightlysitting to low in my gun. sti mags are working fine in my 9mm major (sti grip). even without spacers. just make my ammo with an OAL 31mm. no feeding problems at all.

All that being said, both ST and SV get WAY too much for mags. I remember thinking how Sig or Berreta mags were expensive at $40 each. $100? yeah, price fixing much?

With the gauge of (stainless!) steel they use, and as few as they make, the price is to be expected.

In fact I'm amazed SV mags aren't MORE expensive with as hard as they are to get.