Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic or Carlson Extension Tube for Benelli M2 28"

Moondog

I just purchased my first shotgun, an M2 Field (American) with a 28" barrel. I'm trying to decide between Nordic and Carlson's for an extension tube. Looking on the Nordic website, their sizing chart says I can buy an +8 tube which would be flush with the barrel. Their description says this would add 8 rounds to the factory capacity (2rnds) which I take to mean that I would have a total of 10rnds? Nordic sells a kit now which includes a tube, coupler, spring, and end-cap. It does not include a clamp or follower. Do I need to buy a new follower or can I use the original follower in my shotgun? 

Carlson's Extension Tube kits include the tube, coupler, spring, follower, and clamp and are currently on sale at Bass Pro/[URL="http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1318791&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=1eefbb91ac10a0534fd9cb1352216d8f"]Cabella's[/URL]. But they only have an 8 round tube. I'm not sure if this is equal in capacity to the Nordic +8 tube or just means it's equivalent to the Nordic's +6 size?

Also, is the Benelli OEM tube cap important to have on the tube? I heard that they were designed to be some sort tool though can't seem to find any reference to that use in the manual. 

Your M2 should be 3 in the tube (2 3/4") 

The carlson tube is the same as choate, tac-star all steel, where as the Nordic is aluminum......Nordic is the gold standard of tubes, no denying that. HOWEVER......check out our TACCOM extension tubes as they are stupid strong and very modular. We also have Carbon Fiber tubes which are also super strong as well and VERY light.

Don't worry about the OEM tube cap.......never heard about it being some sort of a tool

Tim

On 8/27/2017 at 6:48 AM, TRUBL said:

Your M2 should be 3 in the tube (2 3/4") 

The carlson tube is the same as choate, tac-star all steel, where as the Nordic is aluminum......Nordic is the gold standard of tubes, no denying that. HOWEVER......check out our TACCOM extension tubes as they are stupid strong and very modular. We also have Carbon Fiber tubes which are also super strong as well and VERY light.

Don't worry about the OEM tube cap.......never heard about it being some sort of a tool

Tim

I forgot it has a limiter/spacer that's factory installed which is why I could only insert 2 rounds in the tube! Why do they put one in anyway, is it to comply with some law or because of some shooting clubs requiring 2rnd limits to shotgun capacity because they're over-and-under centric?

Speaking of laws, I've just been reminded that since I live in CA, I can't install a +8 tube because we have a 10rnd limit even for internal/integral magazines. 

• 5 weeks later...