Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brand New 625.

R112mercer

I just came into a brand new 625 (not to sure on the specifics, barrel length, etc). But it should be a completely factory new 625. I already have a 5" 625 with a Randy Lee action job that I use for USPSA. I was thinking of either having Randy do an action job on it and replace the factory barrel with a 6" Shilen as a long barreled USPSA gun, or have Randy replace the barrel with a 6" Shilen bull barrel, put a Wichita rib on it, and have a trigger stop put in and use it as a PPC gun. Any other ideas? I don't want to sell the gun, it's the first gun I've won in a match.

IDPA is not a revolver-friendly zone these days.....

I'd say just have Randy do the action, leave the barrel alone, and then you'll have two ideal IPSC revolvers (you need a back-up anyway, right?) I personally like long-barreled guns, but if you're going to do that, you might as well start on a 6.5" 25-2. A non-factory-configuration barrel would not be legal for USPSA, if I remember the rules correctly.

Good luck! Nice problem to have!

Mike

Congrats Rob!

Up until a couple of years ago, pretty much everyone who's gun I worked on eventually won a gun in competition...except me! :angry:

It's good to hear the winning trend is still going. Not so much that I had anything to do with it, but it's kind of a good luck/mojo thing!

I just came into a brand new 625 (not to sure on the specifics, barrel length, etc).  But it should be a completely factory new 625.  I already have a 5" 625 with a Randy Lee action job that I use for USPSA.  I was thinking of either having Randy do an action job on it and replace the factory barrel with a 6" Shilen as a long barreled USPSA gun, or have Randy replace the barrel with a 6" Shilen bull barrel, put a Wichita rib on it, and have a trigger stop put in and use it as a PPC gun.  Any other ideas?  I don't want to sell the gun, it's the first gun I've won in a match.

Congrats, Rob, on the win at Area 8. I knew each Division winner at Area 8 was getting a gun, but I didn't know what they were giving to the top Revo finisher.

Hmmm.

Another 625? When you already have the smoothest, lightest trigger pull on a 625 I've ever seen [thanks to Randy Lee]? Maybe you'd consider selling your old, used 625 to some poor guy who had two guns break on him just before the match. :(

Just kidding. When my guns are repaired, I'll be shooting them again. If they shot as smooth and fast as your 625, I'd be tempted to run faster to keep up with the gun, and end up hurting myself.

Thanks for the help guys. When I get the gun I'll probably have Randy slick it up and keep it as a backup gun. The 625 I use now was my first real "competition" gun and I'd never get rid of it. The second 625 is the first gun I ever won which means I don't want to get rid of it either. Thanks for the congrats, Randy, having that nice, smoooooth trigger really helped considering my complete lack of ability with a handgun. Stan can attest to that as he saw me throw a dang Mike into the hard cover on his stage.