Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun gizzy for tec loaders

Anybody know if someone is making an alignment "helper" for keeping those tec tubes at the right angle?  I've seen handmade ones (pads) mounted to the trigger guard to get the angle right (instead of holding the tube at the right angle unsupported, in the air).

I know Grams is coming out with one soon that is a replacement for the plastic gate, but anyone have anything else?

This is for a Rem 1100, by the way.

Thanks !!

Bret,

I'm working on a pistol grip design with a notch that will hopefully align the tube so that it works. I've gotten as far as getting the grip and the idea. Work has been nuts. I'm taking 2 weeks off when the twins are born so hopefully i can find some time between diapers and feeding to actually work on it.

I've seen a couple but they are all one off's.  To me it looks like just one more place you have to make sure the speed loarder is set up on before starting to ram the shells in.   I don't think the angle is as critical as the entry to the mag tube on the gun.  I did a bunch of grinding and polishing on mine and wow, what a difference.

I think this is one of thoes deals where you just need to practice a bunch.  Once I got the mag tube radiused so the rounds would go in easy I when to the range with a bunch of ammo and practiced.

I set up two poppers (set so they will not go down), start with 3 in the gun, shoot two, reload and shoot two more.  Done over and over and while moving it gets easier.

I have seen people who notched a pistol grip to place the speedloader, and the reloads still sucked.

You need to push the shells straight at the mag tube.  If you try to push the loader against an alignment aid, at the same time, I think you will add more trouble than it is worth.

Don't give up on it.  I could be wrong.

I shot the pistol stages well but pretty much sucked on the rest. I have been playing with my new duty AR so I haven't had time to play with the rifle. That far target a 225 yards sucked if the sun went behind the clouds. I spent 5 seconds hunting for the damn thing. I changed the comp out since then. I had an EGW one on but with the 16" barrel it works too well. The gun actually goes down. I'm trying out the JP now.

The wind did me in.  I have never had to deal with that phenomena before.

I am amazed that I did not get buried on the other rifle stage.  I was fighting the gun something awful.  Last year it would recoil, and return the same way every time.  This year it goes a different direction every shot.  Its impossible to get it to return consistently.  I need to get to the range and remember how to hold the stupid thing.