Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 9mm issues.....???

psyops

I need advice!

After doing a MBX search on mag issues, I thought I'd ask for some help.

I just bought my 6th MBX 38/9mm mag for my STI Edge in 9mm. My first 5 MBXs worked beautifully. My most recent MBX didn't feel right at all, from the beginning. Inserting into the magwell/grip didn't feel right. Something is catching and slowing down the slide, whereas it doesn't even cycle. It's just mushy.....and it doesn't drop at all. It's almost as if it's too snug in the grip. I took the follower and spring out and inserted just the mag body and this is the issue. Can't blame the follower/spring on this. I have an "odd" mag body....

As I said, my first 5 mags worked flawlessly from the start.....And I don't notice any "rub" areas that would suggest abnormal contact.

Any ideas as to where to look for problem areas....?

I also have 6 MBX's in 9/38. All mine work great. The way it sounds I would point blame at the mag body like you said. MBX makes great stuff but who knows what happens during shipping. 

I would check it's dimensions against all the others along each axis with calipers and see if anything stands out. I've never had to contact them, but from what I've read in here, the guys at MBX are more than willing to speak to you and troubleshoot over the phone. I'm sure if there's a problem they will make it right.