Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 SAO vs. CZ TS

Coctomus

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, zzt said:

C, you can have both, but it requires a race holster.  As I mentioned earlier, I started with a straight BladeTech Competition One DOH.  I didn't like it.  I added the BOSS hanger and everything was better, but not good enough for me.  I went with a DAA Racemaster and I love it.  There is almost zero resistance to the draw, yet it will never fall out of the holster when locked.  Even unlock in preparation for the draw, it is secure enough that you can move and twirl around on a up range start without worrying about it falling out.  Make sure you get the magnetic insert.  No tension adjustment is necessary with that one.

So you can have speed and retention! Just at a more expensive cost...

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:53 AM, Coctomus said:
SP-01: Can use the Kadet for cheap draw/ first round shot practice and cheaper. Really love the idea of using .22 for practice.

CZ TS: Larger mags, longer sight radius, bigger grip (big hands), and can convert to 9mm.

What gun do you guys think I should get?

This .40 S&W setup would allow you to run a Cadet Top but still allow you to have a longer sight radius and allows you to convert back to 9mm and use regular CZ75 mags. 

If you are going to use it for .40, the magazine capacity will be an issue so I suggest using it for Limited or ESP. For 9mm, there are a few options that will get you to the 141.5mm max.

You can contact Stuart for details.

d482daabcaea98a73f235ea5f20ed749.jpg

Edited by himurax13

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, zzt said:

If you want to run a BladeTech kydex holster for a TS, you must use something like the BOSS hanger.  The DO piece of the BladeTeck is angled way too much and allows the gun to put pressure on the right side of the holster. The BOSS hanger allows to gun to sit almost straight up and down and eliminated the lean.  You have enough tension adjustment to safely retain without overdoing it.  The BOSS allows a much greater range of adjustments.

I tried the BT Competition One holster both ways before deciding I really wanted a DAA RaceMaster holster.  BTW, nothing will work well if you use a floppy belt.

Other than a BOSS style hanger, is there any other decent options for a Bladetech holster for Production?

I run a Bladetech classic w/ SP hanger.. works like a champ. I hear the Red Hill Tactical holsters don't wear on the finish quite as bad. 

for limited minor I'm running a SP01 shadow frame sa/da w/ cts upper in 9mm that is sprung #11RS/CGW#11.5MS that I absolutely love.
 I have the original sp01 shadow slide being milled for carry optics - and I love running my kadet for practice but I use a 75B frame simply because I don't want to keep swapping out main springs. you really need a 16# MS for the kadet.

as for .40 .. I dont have one yet - Im not sure.. TSO perhaps.. Can you put a .40 cts slide on a sp01 shadow frame? hows that work?

8 hours ago, himurax13 said:

Other than a BOSS style hanger, is there any other decent options for a Bladetech holster for Production?

I don't shoot Production, so I'm not up on what else is out there.  Sorry.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:33 AM, scroadkill said:
Can you put a .40 cts slide on a sp01 shadow frame? hows that work?

Just scroll a few pictures up. ;)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by himurax13