Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If something seems off...take some time to think!

MHitchcock

So...I was shooting a stage that had an array of 3 targets before finishing with 2 swingers. You could take the 3 target array from early in the course or upfront after activating the swingers. I had gone through stage plans both taking it from the back and the front. Before running the course I decided to take from the front. After I finished the stage and had 1 of the 3 targets engaged. I couldn't figure out where I went wrong or why I only took 1 target of the 3 from either position but figured I made some mental error. 4M and 2 FTE basically torpedoed my match. 

After getting home and watching the footage, I know exactly what happened. The first target in the array was not pasted. I didn't shoot the array from the back and when I got to the front array, you can see that I took a sight picture on the first target and seeing 2A's figured I must have taken them from the back and went to the swingers. Good way to basically zero a stage at an area match. 

Another reason to follow your stage plan no matter what your eyes see, if you had done that, you would have had 4 Alphas on one target and the RO would have scratched his/her head and then called 2 Alphas. (at least I would have, even though I would have suspected an untaped target, but without seeing that before the stage, I would have to score the target as seen, "best 2 hits per" :huh: Good lesson to learn, unfortunately the hard way is the way most of us learn those lessons.

Very true. Not a mistake I'll be making again. The stage involved carrying a ~5ft long barbell through the stage and at the time I figured I shot a different stage plan earlier :( 

***Well scores are out. Cost me a division/class win :) ***

Edited by MHitchcock