Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved Too Fast?

Stuck in C

I shot a field course where you shot a series of target arrays as you moved from the start position and then went to a port with a foot activator in front of it that activated both a drop turner and a swinger that you shot through the port. I'm shooting production with 10 round mags and had to execute a reload from slide lock before I got to the port. I moved too fast and stepped on the activator before I finished the reload and stood there watching the drop turner turn away with nothing in the chamber. 2 non-scoring misses. If I had hesitated slightly before stepping on the activator I could have got them without affecting my run time very much.

I did somthing like that yesterday at the local match. It was a 31round field course. When i was doing my walkthrough i kept forgetting to incorperate where i was going to do my reload at. Well u guess it, right as the drop turner was activated my gun goes 'click'. I was like WTF, then outloud 'oh crap, i forgot to reload'. That cost me a good 2-3 seconds to make my reload. I ended up dropping 2 places cause of my slower time.

Gone thru this plenty of times, especially when limited to 10 rds. I have put extra practice into decided where and when to do reloads. And not ot forget them. Now I have moved to open and it will change things up a little. I always try to get drop turners to pick up the extra points, if it won't cost much time. Really need them in production.

Mike