Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ezwinscore Classification Bug

Soligen

This is from the USPSA site, dated May 4:

<QUOTE>

The Update Classifications routine does not update classifications for TY members who have four digit or fewer numbers

An error in the code prevented the program from completely reading the list of updated classifications with the result that some classified competitors were declassified.

Resolution: Corrected with the May 2005 patch (maint_v225_20050504.exe) (available soon)

</QUOTE>

Has anyone seen this patch? I'm having this problem, but it's not just limited to 4 digit numbers. All mine with problems have 5, one has a F prefix instead of a TY prefix. This is a PITA becasue I end up having to look up classifications in the text file manually - AAAARRRRRG.

Can anyone help?

I do not know when this will be released, but the developer is aware of the problem and Roger Maier has a patch version he is testing.

The problem occurs when the th ezdb.txt file rowcount exceeds the size of a 16 bit signed integer (32768).

This is from the USPSA site, dated May 4:

<QUOTE>

The Update Classifications routine does not update classifications for TY members who have four digit or fewer numbers

An error in the code prevented the program from completely reading the list of updated classifications with the result that some classified competitors were declassified.

Resolution: Corrected with the May 2005 patch (maint_v225_20050504.exe) (available soon)

</QUOTE>

Has anyone seen this patch?  I'm having this problem, but it's not just limited to 4 digit numbers.  All mine with problems have 5, one has a F prefix instead of a TY prefix.  This is a PITA becasue I end up having to look up classifications in the text file manually - AAAARRRRRG.

Can anyone help?

Everyone will start having this problem since there are more than 32768 entries in the ezdb.txt file and it wont be limited to certain prefixes. We ran into this issue while scoring the Ohio Section Match this weekend.

I deleted lines from the classification file until I has less than 32,000 lines, and that cleared up the problem. Fortunately I didn't delete any for a person in our match. I just started at the beginning of the file and started deleting - looked like mostly low numbers and life members.

I'm looking forward to the patch. Any ETA?

No, that's being addressed separately as an enhancement. The list of what June 2005 does is on the uspsa page, but is also given here:

* Fixed an error in the number of strings for Classifier 03-15.

* Fixed a fatal error in the webfile.txt code that occurred when a division had one person and that person zeroed a stage.

* Fixed an error in the Update Classifications routine where the program failed to look at all of the member records that were available in the update classes database. (This is the 32K lines bug.)

* Deletes Classifier 03-01.

Since Flex mentioned it, I would also like to see the "enhancement" for people switching between A and TY.

As long as we're wishing -

I wish the program could say "USPSA # found - not in that division" so I'd know that it is a good number and that he doesn't have a classification in that division.

I wish the program would help me figure out that the new guy in my match/master file wrote down someone else's USPSA number because the names don't match.

I wish if you were registering shooters several months ahead of a big match that the program would tell you that this person will be expired on match day if they don't do something about it.