Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finding A Non-slimeball Car Salesman

kimel

Given my input to the hate thread about car salesman I figured I would pass along a positive story.

Last Saturday the wife declared it was "truck shopping day". After I picked myself up off the floor (she hates car salesmen more than I do) we headed "to the big city" where there are a plethora of dealerships to choose from.

First place was the typical hard sell, high pressure slimeball filled establishment. They got agressive to the point where I was wondering if they were going to let us leave.

Second place was a very low pressure "how can I help?" type of place. We weren't that interested in anything they had in stock and the test drive confirmed that I wasn't thrilled with that brand/model anyway.

At that point we decided to go to the dealership I had been saving for last. They had a good reputation...so good in fact that I didn't believe it.

We hit the lot and the salesman came at a trot. I figured "uh oh...here we go". So I just flat out told him we weren't interested in the hard sell. He just laughed and said "we get fired for that here". I gave him my list of features I wanted on my truck and he pointed to one on the line and said it had everything. I figured yeah, sure...and a whole lot more. But that was not the case. It had every single feature I wanted and not one more and was of an acceptable color (I am not that picky when it comes to colors but the wife can be).

A 45 minute, low key, take it where you want test drive later and I was ready to buy. Three hours after initially driving on to the lot I was in my new truck headed home. No hard sell on undercoating, glass etching, paint treatments, extended warranties, etc. They asked us if we were interested in that stuff, we said no, end of discussion.

Great bunch of guys, pain-free financing at a great rate, and a friendly black lab wandering through the show room making sure we were all well sniffed.

I never thought I would ever say this again but, Thanks Parker Toyota!

Oh yeah...new truck: 2005 Tundra Access cab, 4x4, V8, Forest Mica (green to the DMV).

I bought mine at Parker too . They sucked, got good, sucked again and now they are good again. Good to hear, I will have a look see at the EBMMM tomorrow (and yur Brazo's too).

YES! The TSB Service. They will change the calipers for free if you inisist. However the Rotors suck and are made for a passenger car so they warp quickly, at least on my 2002. If you got to www.tundrasolutions.com and sign up for membership you get all the notices for service replacement, as well as alot of good info, clubs etc. I got my leather seats, FOR FREE, through there. Some guy in North Bend, WA didnt want his and I traded some cuban cigars for em.

The Service bulliten for the early Tundras covers more than just caliper replacement. It includes new front wheel bearings, front brake lines,front brake calipers including new pads,new mounting hardware(bolts) and new rotors as well.

The rotors aren't the same ones used on the cars but they are the same as the ones that are used on the smaller 4x4 and Prerunner Tacomas. There is also a bulliten for replacing the rear brake drums as well. This repair is only offered under the 3 month 36,000 mile warranty though, although at my dealership we have been known to do a few that were slightly out of warranty.