Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sv Mags Need Freshening Up / Tuning

dirtypool40

OK, I know the experts like Mr. Grams are going to have the answer, that's why I like the Enosverse.

Here's the deal; I have SV tubes with Grams guts and Dawson box compliant pads. They hold 18 and are reload-able with 17.

They run like a raped ape with no tuning, but about half of them have developed a personality. It's like they have been "squished" (sorry for the technical talk) and the top round doesn't slide up to contact the feed lips easily anymore.

Yes, I know it's probably form dropping them on each other a thousand times learning to reload, but HOW DO I FIX THEM??? Does someone make a jig or wedge to jam up in there?

Thanks in advance....

Somewhere here on the forums I believe you will find the exact measurements of magazines. (If you don't find them, call Beven, he'll give them to you) Once you've found that - *squish* those puppies back into spec :)

I have not found a jig of any sort - RB does it the old fashioned way - rubber mallet and calipers :rolleyes:

yeah, but I'm not sure if I described it correctly, it ain't a matter of squshing the feed lips back down to spec, it's about half an inch down, things are too tight. :wacko:

No more dry fire with good mags. Who wants to sell their 10-rounders cheap?