Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Secret Cof Or Open For All To See?

Clay1

When you go to a club level shoot, do you know the COF for the stages before the shoot or are they usually kept secret? If you don't know the whole COF do you usually know which classifier will be shot?

Some of our local clubs have started to post the complete COF about a week or so before the match. I find it helpful. Sometimes, if time permits I will run the classifier that is being shot during a practice session before the match so that I have some idea of what I need to work on to make it a decent run.

I'm curious if you practice the specific COFs before a match if they are available? I could see some saying that isn't fair, but since they are published publically everyone has the opportunity to do with that information what their level of motivation suggests.

All comments welcome.

Rick

For all the local clubs in SoCal, and there are a few, I have never seen a pre-match publication of stages. IMHO, I think that they make them up the night before. On second thought, maybe they make them up that morning :P

Usually the MD will respond to an email regarding the classifier but othe rthan that - no info regarding individual stages.

If we get tehm draw up and If we have time we'll post the stages, but generally they go up after the match so that people can see the stages and look at them with the scores in hand, sort of a way to remember what you shot.

Several clubs in our area don't post the stages at all. So what? we are supposed to be shooting a "Practical" sport here, whech means we should be able to perform on demand.

Jim