Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OEM Sear/Hammer 'slop'

blsexton

Team, got all my new go fast goodies into the Stock 3.  Did a very minimal polish job as I'm in a local fun match tomorrow, so no time to get it all sorted out. 

Question: I can see a lot of 'slop' or 'take up' in the engagement in SA Mode when the hammer lifts and rides back on the sear, creating a creep affect.

Is there anything that can be done to the OEM Parts to get rid of this take-up? It seems there is quiet a lot of it. With the slide off you can literally see the sear slowly lifting to allow the hammer to fall.  Happy with the pull weight of the trigger, but want to get that crisp wall in place.  Probably stoning down the sear would help- but I'm guessing the suggestions will be to replace it and not even worry about it.

Thanks all for the help so-far!

(tried to upload pic, will tomorrow)

Here's what has been dropped in:

From Patriot:

EGD Medium hammer spring

Trigger spring

Sear spring

firing pin return spring

Guide rod

Edited by blsexton

You're wishing your gun had a crisper trigger due to hammer/sear interaction. While knowing that your gun has a two-piece sear and that a cleaner, crisper single-piece is readily available...

...See where I'm going with this? ;) 

Personally I'd wait until I had a single piece sear, bolo disconnector, and extended firing-pin block on hand. Shoot the gun as it is until that time. Then you can fit all of those along with a deep polishing and only have to mess with the gun one more time.

(Also, did you use my Tanfoglio Tuning YouTube series as a guide? Any feedback on them?)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The long lift us is due to the HAMMER hooks being tall. Titan hammer will give you shorter hooks and less of that creep. That will also require a 1 piece sear and extended firing pin block.

The long (low force)  trigger motion can be fixed by adding a PD Bolo disconnector. 

Nothing that money can't fix!

MM- I sure did use the video. I watched it first, then referred to it a few times to remember how to install a couple items (aka sear spring).

I rushed the job as I just got my parts and punches in the day before a local shoot, so I didn't do a full polish job.  But the tips from watching it all before doing it helped a lot. No real criticisms that I can think of off the top of my head. It's a great aid for re assembly too.