Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Akai Custom

zinger4040

• 2 weeks later...

Got my gun this week. Took her to the range for a quick hundred rounds. Very impressed with the fit of the gun. I have many 1911's but this is my first 2011. Can't believe how soft and flat it shoots for a .40. I shot it back to back with my custom .40 single stack and the single stack felt so much snappier. 

I originally had talked to Shay about a 5inch gun with a metal grip, but I was at a match recently where a guy let me shoot a few stages for fun after the match with his 6 inch gun with a stationary front sight back to back with his 5 inch gun. I absolutely killed it with the 6 inch gun, and it wasn't even close when I looked at the numbers.  it so I called Shay. Luckily he had this gun ready for sale so as a bonus I didn't have to wait. 

Lesson I learned was to realize that although it's wise to listen to the opinions of others, ultimately you have to decide what works for YOU. People had me convinced I needed a 5 inch gun because it swings and transition s quickly. 

Here are some pics

Got my gun this week. Took her to the range for a quick hundred rounds. Very impressed with the fit of the gun. I have many 1911's but this is my first 2011. Can't believe how soft and flat it shoots for a .40. I shot it back to back with my custom .40 single stack and the single stack felt so much snappier. 

I originally had talked to Shay about a 5inch gun with a metal grip, but I was at a match recently where a guy let me shoot a few stages for fun after the match with his 6 inch gun with a stationary front sight back to back with his 5 inch gun. I absolutely killed it with the 6 inch gun, and it wasn't even close when I looked at the numbers.  it so I called Shay. Luckily he had this gun ready for sale so as a bonus I didn't have to wait. 

Lesson I learned was to realize that although it's wise to listen to the opinions of others, ultimately you have to decide what works for YOU. People had me convinced I needed a 5 inch gun because it swings and transition s quickly. 

Here are some pics

https://goo.gl/photos/isXSYq7FUHFtnhGp8

Took her out again today. No issues at all with long oal ammo. Had some .40 minor laying around that was not loaded long and it caused some feeding issues. Not surprised as everything I have read indicates that 2011's like long oal's. When I could get the .40 minor ammo to shoot the recoil and muzzle rise was ridiculous. I'm not going to say it felt like a .22 but maybe somewhere between a .22 and my production ammo 147 gr 9mm that I shoot in my Glock 34. 

Going to try and work up a minor load with a longer oal for steel challenge