Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Problem ?

50cal

I am trying to raise the POI. Oddly, the the adjustment is fully clockwise and I still group low. In other words, I don't have enough range of adjustment for elevation. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Mike

Check your lens to see if it is loose or coming out of the housing. Also check the body of the sight for cracks.

Thanks for the idea, I checked the lens (glass window not the diode) and it doesn't move nor can I see any cracks. I certainly do not recall the site or gun receiving any impact other than shooting. One day it was "spot on" the next it was low (quite a bit too). I even shot from a sandbag, it is perfectly consistant.

Thanks for time as always!

Mike

Next check your mount screws - both the screws that hold the C-more to the scopemount and the screws that hold the scopemount to the frame.

You have loosened the set screw for the elevation adjustment when trying to adjust - right?

Got off the phone with c-more, it looks like I simply didn't put enough effort into turning the elevation screw. I didn't want to damage anything and didn't realize how firm the screw is -duh, it makes sense it would be tight. I'll will have to get back to the range and try again with a bit more effort.

Thanks again

Mike

The mount is solid as a freaking rock. Held fast to frame with 5 equally torqued screws I could probably tow a trailer by the mount. The c-more has zero play against the mount though I didn;t strip it down to check the actual screws. The whole thing is really solid. I never forget the set screw either (though you're smart to not assume I do things right :) ). I am pretty sure I will be able to zero the sight now that I am using a lot more force on the screw. The Tech guy at C-more started asking me questions about the the set-up and gun etc. When I told him Bob built it recently and I haven't changed a thing, he said he knows Bob's work and instantly stopped questioning the "hardware" :D . He told me to put some muscle into it and lo and behold, the screw still has plenty of adjustment. Apparently the C-more has more than 900 verticle inches at 100yds (or something like that). Anyway, I am just not sure why the zero/alignement would have changed unless I absent mindedly turned the screw the wrong way originally - who knows, probably me though, I have a bit of a track record for "hosing" myself :(

Thanks for the replies. I'll try it this weekend and let y'all know.

Take care,

Mike

Go Figure. I checked the screws that fasten the c-more to the mount and, although I couldn't move the scope independantly of the mount, the two scope screws were not tight or even snug. They turned 2-3 revolutions easily before becoming tight. Considering how sensitive the adjustments are on that thing, I can see this may have been a contributing factor. -Thanks Bob!!!

cheers