Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mix & Match Uppers...

DrKyle1

What is the advantage of mix & match uppers? ie. 24L on a 35 lower. I don't get it... but I have an opportunity to pick up a 24L upper by caspian with a lone wolf barrel ported and tru-glow sights. $299 - opinions wanted I shoot production USPSA and SSP IDPA and would use the 24L for open. (how competitive would that be)

What is the advantage of mix & match uppers?  ie. 24L on a 35 lower.  I don't get it... but I have an opportunity to pick up a 24L upper by caspian with a lone wolf barrel ported and tru-glow sights.  $299 - opinions wanted  I shoot production USPSA and SSP IDPA  and would use the 24L for open.  (how competitive would that be)

You can't shoot a ported barrel in Production (you'd be in Open) and you can't shoot it anywhere in IDPA.

BTW - my LTD gun is a Franken-Glock. The frame is from a G35, the slide is from a .357 sig (G31 I believe) and the barrel from a G22. None of the #'s match, of course.

I shoot the 35 as is in production & SSP for IDPA and would use the 24L for open... CHP5 - why would you mix and match those together? what is the advantage over 35 upper and lower?

That sounds like a good deal. I would pick it up and sell the ported barrel and replace it with a regular barrel and build a nice Limited gum with that 6 inch Caspian slide. I had a friend of mine build me a 24 with a Caspian slide and it shoots very nice and flat.

A slide from Caspian, when they had them, ran about $260.00. That is for the slide with no guts or barrel or sights. If that is a complete upper with barrel and sights for $300.00 then it is a heck of a deal.