Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking ACOG

eerw

Thinking of getting an ACOG for an AR...

Noticed an TA01 for .223 and a TA01b for .308

but heard some folks using the b model on their ARs...what is advantage to doing this??? thanks again..

THanks Kurt..not sure if I can make it to Aurora Sat., but if so I'll come find you...

In general is the ACOG a good way to go?? or should I be looking at other optics..

(Edited by eerw at 4:56 pm on Jan. 16, 2003)

EERW:

Two ways to go ACOG or CQT. I prefer the ACOG hands down (TA-11) If you are set on going with a TA-1 get the reticle that JP ENTERPRIZES just got made!!!! Some guys go with the TA-1B( or TA-11B) because the .308 reticle workes with the ballistic path of the  really heavy .223 bullets like the 75 and 77 gr stuff. I just use the regular .223 retical and a 20" bbl. with bullets from 55-69 it matches the ballistic path closely and out to 500 yds works great.                    KURT

SVI4ME:

Your friends seem to have a lot of equipment trouble! There is nothing wrong with the CQT. I played with one quite a bit and can say, as always, Leopold makes darn fine optics!!! the lenses are really clear, it is easy to focus and the adjustments are very repeatable. With that said, I prefer the TA-11 hands down, as I said befor. I feel that the pluses of the Bindon dot out weigh the pluses of the CQT's ability to turn down to 1x and gee mom no battery!                           KURT

The same guy I speak of  had an early version of the lightweight bolt and sent it back and was told they were having problems with it.  He got a second one and said he is still having problems.   He put the standard bolt in and NO problems.....  TRUE JP does stand behind all ther products.    

HIS opinion was the CQT sucked and want to get rid of it pronto.  He uses a TA11 also.  I have never even seen one.

Rob

SVI4ME:

Check the post on the JP rifle thread in response to the light carrier.

As for the CQT, I'm sure he can sell it quick! I am glad that both of you are shooting Trijicon products, and would agree that the TA-11 is the only way to fly for 3 gun fun!! Are you going to shoot the Mesa match?    KURT

Unfortunatly not.  I can only get five weeks vacation and too many matches to fit in thought the year.  I will be going to 5 Dogs this Saturday and Area 1 3 gun match in May.  I don't understand why the wife makes me waste a vacation with the family.  

Night Force scopes is coming out with a 2-6x tactical scope that will be wc3gun approved when available to public in the spring of 03 the reticle will be graduated to 600 yds for 223 with 69-77 grain bullets out of 20" barrel, have a moving leads, and is illuminated.