Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz czechmate: barrel nut removal

CKArmsKimSee

Anyone had any problems removing the barrel nut? If been trying for about 4 hours to no avail. The guide rod has been removed and I just need to get the barrel nut off so I can switch out barrels. I've tried rubberized fishing gloves, I've tried putting it in the freezer, I've tried heating it, even tried pliers over a shop rag...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Put the nut end in a vice protected by timber/plastic/rag.  You can then get a better grip on the other end or use 2 hands if required. 

Chances are it has a build up of carbon between the crown of the barrel and the nut which has cemented the 2 together. 

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem on my brand new one.

Used some wood as protection, vised it in, and gave her some turns, it came off. The same had to be done in reverse in order to get the slide to line up correctly. 

The last ...1/10th, I had to really grip and turn but I could feel when it reached its full seat, it stopped and definitely wasn't going on any further. Guess that's part of precision...there is no slop.

I was nervous on over torquing because the barrel has to be in the slide but so far so good.