Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Target II Magazines

clw42

I recently purchased a SP-01 Shadow Target II, and I'm in a bit of a pickle.  I don't live in a free state so I need 10 round magazines.  Does anyone know if the standard SP-01 factory 10 round magazines will work in a Target II?  I called CZ and their comment was - "That gun is so new, we really don't know, but they should."

From what I've found, the MecGar mags will not work because the Target II is Pre-B.

Thanks

Mecgar 10rnd mags and CZ factory mags will work in the SP01 Shadow Target II

Really, the Mecgar too?  Everything I saw said that I'd need to modify (read file) the mag well.  This is great news.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any pictures.  I believe you though.  I'm just thrilled to finally get a firm answer from someone.  I tried CZ with limited success.  I called Greg Cote and he wasn't sure about the factory mags, but his site is where I saw that the mecgar wouldn't work on the pre-b guns.  I called CZ Customs and no one answered so I emailed them and haven't gotten a response yet.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/cz-75b-cz-75bd-cz-85b-cz-75-sp01-10-rd-9mm-mgcz7510b-p-1496.html

Is this something that CZ addressed with the Target II and corrected?  (if you happen to know).

Edited by clw42

the new guns are Pre B like in that they have no firing pin block

actual early pre B guns had a smaller magwell, so some mags dont fit.

SP01 18rnd and the CZ factory 10rnd mags would work in one of these pre B.

CZ can get really confusing with nomenclature, because people tend to shorten it, or use with no context and that causes much confusion. like being in the middle of the woods and cant see shit.

13 minutes ago, eerw said:

like being in the middle of the woods and cant see shit.

I'm discovering that.   This is my first CZ, and there are so many different versions and then different versions of those versions...can be very confusing.

I really wanted an TSO but they're tough to come by, so I grabbed this and got put on a waiting list for the Orange.

Thanks again for your help, that's really great news!!

eerw,  is there a way to determine which Pre-B is which when being referenced?  For example after a certain date it refers to the lack of a firing pin block versus being the older style magwell?