Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No love for the Tavor X95 in 9mm?

I have the 5.56 X95 and saving up for the 9mm conversation kit. I have put over 3k already and stills go strong. I love this rifle. Once I get the kit, going to shoot PCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got about 1400 rounds thru my X95 (9mm).  A few things Ive found:

1) ASC mags will double feed about once in 3 mags.  (The IWI branded mag is made by ASC)

2). Metalform mags run 100%. I also added  Taylor Freelance. +10 base pads and the Metalforms run100% with these as well. 

3). The sight over bore axis is higher than an AR9 platform.  Make note if this on point blank targets & barriers. 

4). The  Geissele trigger pack & bow are expensive, but very worth it. 

1 hour ago, Garmil said:

Good to know on the metalform mags.

Have you tried the Timney trigger as well?

I am a huge TImney fan in the AR platform (I have 5 ARs with Timney trigger).  Timney had some problems with their initial trigger for the Tavor (lite strikes, & fractured hammers).  You can search around the net for those reviews.  They released a "gen 2" product.  I was curious about the gen 2 Timney running in the X95 in 9mm since it is blowback operation. 

I have interacted with Timney numerous times over the years with great results.  Not so much this time.  I sent an email inquiry that went as follows:

ME:

I just purchased an IWI X95 in 9mm. I would like to put your trigger pack in it. Does your trigger pack work with the 9mm chambering on the IWI X95?

TIMNEY CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE:

Please use our website to find your product, and use the drop downs to find your exact model. Thanks and hopefully this helps!

That response did not give me any confidence, so I went with the Geiselle.