Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 Compact in 45

bomadera

What you gonna use it for?  If it's mainly for carry, I'd lean towards the 320.  If you're going to shoot it much, the 220 would be hard to beat.  I've got a new 227 for work and it's almost as accurate as my 1911s.  I love it.  I'm sure the 220 would be very close in accuracy.

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

What you gonna use it for?  If it's mainly for carry, I'd lean towards the 320.  If you're going to shoot it much, the 220 would be hard to beat.  I've got a new 227 for work and it's almost as accurate as my 1911s.  I love it.  I'm sure the 220 would be very close in accuracy.

You bring up a good point, is the 220/227 more accurate than the 320?  I've got two 320's and the barrel lockup looks the same as the 220/226/227 (very tight), I'm not sure either is more accurate.  I'm probably leaning more towards the 320 because  I like the 320 trigger better than the DA/SA.

3 hours ago, bomadera said:

You bring up a good point, is the 220/227 more accurate than the 320?  I've got two 320's and the barrel lockup looks the same as the 220/226/227 (very tight), I'm not sure either is more accurate.  I'm probably leaning more towards the 320 because  I like the 320 trigger better than the DA/SA.

I shot the 227 side by side with my 320C a couple weeks ago.  There was no comparison.  The 227 was far more accurate in my hands anyway.

5 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Thanks Trace, I think I'll go with the 220.