Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig mpx loads

21 hours ago, Posvar said:

I liked the 124g. For now I am running 147g RN Xtreme with 3.4g Titegroup at 1.15 OAL. Very soft shooting 

Just curious: do you like 124gr better than 147? I just finished building my PCC and will be working up some loads. I have 124gr FMJ on hand and some 147gr plated RN Berry's that I was going to try. I use 124gr FMJ with 3.6gr of TG in my G34 for 3-gun, I'll try those first to see how they work in the carbine. I might order some 165gr X-tremes to try as well.

For now I give the nod to the 147gr. I have tried 115, 125, 147, and 165 in my G34 and JP. I settled on 147gr RN Xtreme and 3.1g of TG for my G34 and JP GMR-13. They both run the same load quite well. 165g Xtreme feels really slow (cycling) in my G34. My MPX won't run the 3.1g very well so I bumped it up to 3.4g and it's very soft and reliable. For me 165gr in the JP felt odd and I have not tried any in the MPX. 124gr in the JP felt too harsh for some reason. I think people like it alot in the MPX and and I will try some more for that gun soon at some point. Did I confuse you enough? I need a coffee.

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

For now I give the nod to the 147gr. I have tried 115, 125, 147, and 165 in my G34 and JP. I settled on 147gr RN Xtreme and 3.1g of TG for my G34 and JP GMR-13. They both run the same load quite well. 165g Xtreme feels really slow (cycling) in my G34. My MPX won't run the 3.1g very well so I bumped it up to 3.4g and it's very soft and reliable. For me 165gr in the JP felt odd and I have not tried any in the MPX. 124gr in the JP felt too harsh for some reason. I think people like it alot in the MPX and and I will try some more for that gun soon at some point. Did I confuse you enough? I need a coffee.

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep your results in mind when working up loads this weekend. I'll sneak out to the range today with my PCC and some of my G34 loads to see how it runs. I'll put some factory AE 124 and 147s through it for somewhat of a break-in first.