Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eaa Gold Team Match 9mm

Hi_Im_Vinh

I'm looking to purchase an already built open gun and this model caught my attention. I currently shoot a sp-01 shadow in production and want to venture into the open class without having to build a open gun .

How do these guns run out of the box? Anything modification wise would I need to do? And most importantly, how is the reliability to it?

If anyone has any other suggestions on a ready built race gun under 2k range, by all means I'm open to it.

Thanks to all 

Mine has been sensitive to load OAL, and doesn't like HP bullets. I now use 124 RN Xtreme.

The port design means you may need a bit more powder to hit your PF - search the forum for a few good threads on this one.

Aside from that I think the ergonomics are great. And the trigger is fantastic after tweaking.

26 minutes ago, selecw said:

Mine has been sensitive to load OAL, and doesn't like HP bullets. I now use 124 RN Xtreme.

The port design means you may need a bit more powder to hit your PF - search the forum for a few good threads on this one.

Aside from that I think the ergonomics are great. And the trigger is fantastic after tweaking.

Thanks for your input, how many rounds have you put through yours? 

If you had to do it again, would you go with this gun , or another route?

Probably about 2-3000 through it (I mainly shoot Limited and recently Carry Optics).

I shoot Tanfos and CZs in USPSA and IDPA, so having a common feel to the guns helps a bit when I switch between them. So I would probably buy it again.

But .. prepare for some load development, and prepare for some tweaking to get it running 100%  

That said, I just bought a Czechmate ...

2 hours ago, selecw said:

Probably about 2-3000 through it (I mainly shoot Limited and recently Carry Optics).

I shoot Tanfos and CZs in USPSA and IDPA, so having a common feel to the guns helps a bit when I switch between them. So I would probably buy it again.

But .. prepare for some load development, and prepare for some tweaking to get it running 100%  

That said, I just bought a Czechmate ...

Let me know how the Czech mate runs vs the gold team match 

Will do.

I got the Czechmate for $2160. Normally they'd be much more which was what put me off them in the first place. It would be a little disappointing if its not somewhat superior to a $1700 Gold Team.

BTW .. the mags on the Gold Team work well out of the box, or with extensions. And you now have the 170mm MBX mags.

The fit and finish on the GT is also very good.

7 hours ago, selecw said:

Will do.

I got the Czechmate for $2160. Normally they'd be much more which was what put me off them in the first place. It would be a little disappointing if its not somewhat superior to a $1700 Gold Team.

BTW .. the mags on the Gold Team work well out of the box, or with extensions. And you now have the 170mm MBX mags.

The fit and finish on the GT is also very good

Was the Czechmate new? if so how much , and where did you get it at?

2 hours ago, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

The Czechmate was as new, in the box. I got it from Cabelas after a member of this forum pointed it out. I was lucky to get an extra 10% off as it was a Christmas sale.

• 4 weeks later...

Took the Czechmate to the range for the first time today and shot it back to back with the Gold Team. I'm running the same C-more sights on both guns and 90 degree mounts.

On fast double taps, the CZ bounces the dot noticeably less than the GT.  At 15 yards that meant a double tap with 3" vs 5" dispersion. The CZ may improve slightly as I do not yet have an extended LHS safety on it.

Interestingly the CZ was 100% reliable with random reloads. Amazingly so was the GT :) 

• 4 months later...