Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Irc Around The Corner

AzShooter

Well it won't be long now and more than 100 revolver shooters, closer to 200, will converge on San Luis Obispo, Ca for the International Revolver Championships.

If's you pre registered you all ready know the stages. What do you thing of them?

It looks to be the most 6 round neutral match yet.

It sure looks like an accuracy heavy match with lots of bonuses for X ring hits.

Two good assault courses and the rest look like little movement or stand and deliver stages, and then the infamous Standards. I wish Pickett would clean this one so we can get rid of it.

For those of us that have never been (and probably never will) would you describe this "Standards" stage?

Regards,

Standards.

Three sets of targets down range stacked one above the other. Bottom target is 12" off the ground. The array is one yard apart.

String 1 50 yards. Time : 9 Seconds. At signal draw and engage each target with one shot each.from the prone position from box A.

String 2 25 yards. Time : 7 Seconds. At Signal draw and engage each target with 1 round each from box B.

String 3 10 yards. Time : 10 Seconds. At signal draw and engage targets with 2 rounds each with a mandatory reload from box C.

String 4 3 yards. Time : 10 Seconds. At signal draw and engage the top 3 targets with 2 rounds each strong hand only. Make a mandatory reload and engage the bottom 3 targets with 2 rounds each weak hand only.

For each X you shoot 1 second is subracted from your time.

It takes 36 seconds to shoot the stage. Penalties are for each overtime shot, 10 seconds. Extra shots 5 seconds. Extra hits 5 seconds.

The X zone is only 4 inches in diameter.

Az Shooter, There should be a couple of people close to getting to the elusive (0) on the Far and Near. I have been doing decent on the stage as I have it set up. But to do it on demand is a little tougher. But once one zeroes it more shooters will make it. I would like to see the "Cup" make a come back in a slightly modified form. This year is accurracy heavy in the three stages with the X count. Then two steel stages and two long assault courses even it up a bit. I have the rough draft stages in a PDF file but don't know how to post it in the forum so all can see what we are talking about. Let me know how to do it and I'll giver a try,

AZ ..... I will see you there, have to let me know you name so I know who to ask for and catch up with. There are at least 4 aussies coming at this stage, 2 from the southern states and Mark and myself from sunny Queensland (if the ATF will fix my paperwork ..... still waiting since March 7).

Mark and myself are going to Pennsylvania to catch up with a few friends first and shoot the Blue Mountain Classic .... knock down plates and pins ..... good fun. I'm counting the days, can't wait to catch up with people I met last year.

Cheers Ryan