Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introduction - STL area

SlickWill

I'm new to USPSA and new to the forum.  I'm in the STL area (IL side).  After 2 weeks of "lurking" and over a month with a mentor (Brian Hays) I took the next step.  I've shot my first local match (Lefthanders) and joined this awesome forum.  This forum is amazing!  

I am shooting my Glock 19 in production. I upgraded to a ghost 3.5 connector and Glockmeister trigger spring, added Dawson sights (adjustable rear, f/o front), and upgraded grip with talon stippling.  My current ammo is 115g Blazer Brass.  I definitely plan to reload, but not in any rush.  Ammo isn't my immediate priority as much as perfecting grip, sight picture acquisition, etc.

Thanks to my mentor, I had some good preparation, observed a full match to learn, and then decided to shoot my first match.  I'm not commenting on how well I did (or not) as it was more about getting through safely, slow, and no DQ's.  So to that end I'll call it successful.  My next match is 11/19 - I think I may be hooked already!

Looking forward to learning on the forum, sharing my journey, and getting better.  Thanks again for this forum and a great group of folks willing to share experiences and tips with us new guys.  Peace

Welcome to the forum Will. I am Andrew, and was in your squad last weekend. We spoke about pasting targets while on deck. 

Hope you had a fun time, and hope to see you out at more matches. Let me know if you have any questions I can help with. 

I just started USPSA this April. It has been a lot of fun. Lefthanders puts on a great match. I want to shoot Sparta sometime, but will be out of town for this month's match.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk