Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 9-40 barrel

tag129

Hi Everyone, 

I have a Glock 35 and will turn it into an open gun. I would like to run 40 S&W casing with a 9mm bullet. 

My question is, "Where can I find a barrel that will fit my application? Or who makes a 9-40 barrel?" 

Reason is, I wanna have more powder options and I want my G35 to shoot as flat and as soft as possible. I wanna give those STI/Infinity guys a beating.   (Just kidding) 

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

I recall people talking about converting 40 guns to 9 to shoot open...i cant find any barrels at the moment, Similar to this http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1043&CAT=241 but threaded. I would reach out to lonewolf, sjc, and carver and see if they have anything. I dont see it on their websites.

As far as shooting a 40 case and a 9mm bullet, that is called 357 sig. and its not really ideal for open. Brass is expensive and your going to lose mag capacity. When i ran a glock in open i used a 17 and had no issues. Go with a 9mm for major or minor

You can run a 357SIG barrel in your G35 without any changes, but it is not an advantage for Open. Your'e better off to run 9 Major with a conversion barrel, which may, or may not run %100, even with changing the ejector and extractor, adjusting your loads for a comp, and so on, or just run  Limited Major with your 357SIG barrel. There really is no advantage either in Limited because a 200 gr 40S&W is much softer than a 125 gr, by far. I'm going to try some 151 gr RN in my 357SIG this weekend, should be allot less painful....

• 2 months later...