Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mpx pistol?

What is the cheapest way to get a pistol with a collapsible stock/brace?

Would you buy a pistol without any stock and buy a stock/brace like the SB tactical brace?  I assume that they are easily attached???

What is a fair price for a pistol without a stock/brace?

Or buy pistol with the standard brace that you sell or trade for collapsible one?

What's a fair price for a 8" barrel with a standard brace?

thanks,

mike

What is illegal?

I thought a pistol with a brace was legal since Sig sells that configuration and Sig also sells it without a brace.  I fully understand that a 8" version with a stock not a brace must have the $200 tax stamp as a SBR.

You're confusing me with terminology. A PISTOL with a brace, is legal without further documentation. A PISTOL with a STOCK is now a short barrel rifle and ILLEGAL without the proper NFA Stamp.

Please clarify what it is, that you want to accomplish.

Pricing? Dunno, check gunbroker and online retailers. Chances are buying a completed pistol w/ brace is the cheaper option.

Are you planning on converting it to an SBR?

Also are you planning on using it in PCC as they don't allow the brace.

As far as attaching, its very easy.  On the back of the MPX there is a pic rail that any accessory made for it will attach to. 

The MPX with the side folding brace can generally be had in the mid $1500 range.

If you are set on the SB tactical version, it would me cheaper to find and MPX without the brace and then you don't have to worry about finding a buyer for the sig brace.

Maybe long term buying another lower and SBR that lower.  Main reason to keep as pistol so that I can transport across state lines when traveling.  If I get another lower and SBR it I would get a stock with it and use in competition if I want to.

The whole brace vs stock is just stupid.  There shouldn't be tax stamp needed, same for silencers.

mike