Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

50 Cal Rifle

ipscron2000

I've always wanted to shoot a 50 caliber rifle. I shot one today. Not sure what brand, but it was a single shot with a muzzle brake. The recoil knocked off my hearing protection from my right ear. WHAT A LOUD MUTHA!!! :wacko::wacko:

I could see owning one and selling "rides" on one for $5 each. :D

The one and only time I shot one of those beasts was one of those signle shot bolt action rifles with the huge muzzle brake on it. The second I fired, I felt my two front teeth attempt to stay in one place while the rest of my body made an abrupt jolt rearwards. I had always wondered, but having fired one made me want to never want to fire one like that again.

I think I was sore the next day..

Vince

One of the local shooters started the "mine's bigger" game at our weekly practice, but the game ended when one regular started showing up with his Cerbu. It's a basic single shot bolt action 50BMG, serial # 6xx, with a very simple design and an AR style trigger group. But, it's a 50, and loads of fun.

The owner seems to think it is impolite to charge for ammo - I really wish he would let people pay him for the fodder - I fear he will get tired of bringing it out.

I got to shoot a Barret when i was in the Army a few years ago. I didnt think the recoil was as bad as the muzzle blast. So much for no dust signature.

The .50 BMG single shot was fun, but not as fun as shooting a couple thousand rouns from a M2 B)

post-2283-1116122032_thumb.jpg