Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DSA STG 58

Skalkaho Slim

No experience with the STG 58, but the DSA's that I have seen the one I have shot are nothing but first class.  Super, super quality.  If the configuration is what you want, I don't see how you can go wrong, especially at the price.  If you're ordering new, you may want to think about getting new barrel instead of taking a chance on the standard used one.  In for a penny...

E

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 DSA receivered STG-58 parts guns which I had assembled.  They work great.  They are pretty accurate for military guns: one of mine has a full length barrel and I can get some groups about 1 MOA open sights,  typically they are 1.5 MOA with match ammo. DSA's STG-58A rifles are made the same way using parts kits from excellent STG58 parts kits, and their excellent receiver, the best in the business.  I also have an FN FAL 50.00 and I don't shoot it: I shoot the STGs.  Check out falfiles.com for more info.  They also make guns with new barrels and mostly all new parts.  

Mine has a 16" barrel, 1.5x6 scope and shoots MOA. If you've never shot one you'll find they are very soft shooting .308's due to the adjustable gas system. Adopted by over 90 countries as their main military rifle they must have something good going for them. There are other U.S. makers of this rifle, but DSA is the best.