Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 18-9 Or 16-40 Lda

Chuck D

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone owning either a 18-9 or 16-40 LDA. Has your gun been reliable? Any parts breakage? :huh:

A friend is looking to buy one and he burns TONS of ammo. He asked me if I knew if the LDA guns held up to lots of use. Seeing that I has no experience with LDA's...I'd thought I'd ask here. ;)

Thanks for the input !

I have the 16-40 LDA Limited. I have not found it reliable enough to use in a match. When it works it is an acurate and soft recoiling gun. The LDA trigger is very nice. My problems all revolve around feeding issues. It will jam 3 or 4 time in a magazine with the nose of the bullet under the bbl hood. A slight (1/16" or less) movement of the slide to the rear and a release will chamber the round. I have used 3 different brand of .40sw factrory ammo and 3 different bullet profiles. I have put ~1200 rounds through the gun hoping break in would be the answer.

It has spent the last month in my safe dissasembled on a shelf. I am now contacting Para-Ord for resolution.

My story take it for what it cost ya :)

Merlin, was that the one at our match, or did you have another fall off again?  TXAG

Nope - the rear sight fell from my P18 while shooting with the great bunch of guys up at Bailey's Practical Shooters in Houston. The one I lost shooting with you and the Brazosland Pistoleros was the front off my 6" Limited gun.

My total talley so far is 1 rear and 3 fronts. :(

Still not as infamous as SOMEONE here on the Forum, though.... :rolleyes: