Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Topton Rifle Match

Our May 29 Match will start at 10:00. The match fee is $25.00, no preregistration required. I have added a stage, an El Pres, so now we have 7 stages and 212 rounds min. Longest shot will be less then 100 yards.

• 5 weeks later...

What a kickass fun match this was ---- I had a really good time over seven challenging stages. While I suck worse at shooting a rifle than I suck at shooting a pistol, I was improving as the match went along. We started on Stage 2, which consisted of four US poppers that activated a total of five movers and a few statics. Stage 3 had a large box as a freefire zone across the pit and targets that needed engaging through downrange ports, around walls and through gaps between walls. Stage 4 was the El Prez --- facing the targets at ten yards ---- and I'm slower with a rifle than a pistol. Stage 5 had us running from port to port --- and I noticed my rifle coming up on target with the sights aligning as I was hitting positions. If I could only do that with a pistol. Stage six had us shooting a whole slew of targets from a box, with a reload, and proved challenging only for knowing where to switch from shortrange irons to optics and back. Stage 7 again had cool movers and lots of close but hard or no-shoot covered targets. We finished on Stage 1 engaging flashers from multiple positions with a few paper thrown in for good measure.

Many thanks to Bill223 for designing cool stages and putting a ton of effort into making this match happen. As always with Topton matches, thanks must go to match director Dave Miller and AMD Larry Eckert for their efforts to keep things interesting by being open to different ideas......

It was way worth taking a day off of work for this one!

Nik, thanks for the nice comments.

The stage designs can be found at our site, www.toptonfga.org Click on IPSC and then on Results. The results came out today but are un-official. Final results will be posted on our site.