Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing pin roll pin ?

brian45acp

I dont know what happened to the roll pin Cajun sells but I previously got a couple of their split roll pin that is tempered steel. The stock roll pin is rolled sheet metal and said to break. I pulled mine and sure enough they are nice and dented and some more hits would certainly break through that first coil of metal.

The other option is the CZC solid pin. I am freaked out about tapered pins and dont like the idea of messing with the diameter of the hole any where on the gun. Their trigger pin even is tapered and thats why I went with the cajun floating pin instead. My question is I would like the CZC pin because its solid but they say the hole may need to be reamed and they sell a reamer. I never used a reamer and not sure how that works and it doesnt sound like I would want to enlarge that hole anyway but I wanted to see what you guys are doing with that.

On the CZ Forum a lot of guys say they put a small o-ring in the slide so that that hammer never contacts the firing pin when dry firing. I can't tell you the specific size but you could ask over there, or someone here may know the correct size.

I found the roll pin. I swear it was not on Cajuns web site so I emailed them and now its there. Cajun has the best idea here which is a standard split roll pin which will absorb shock and not damage the firing pin but still be stout enough to not break

I did see that about the dry firing but I dont dry fire and still my OEM pin was dented pretty good just from normal use which isnt very much on my carry gun.

Edited by brian45acp